Remodeling Your Bathroom is a wise choice!!! As you may already be aware your bathroom is considered one of the places in your home where you relax and rest. Your bathroom is a place where can treat yourself with Epsom salts and tranquil music or even enjoy a quiet calm evening after a long stressed day of work. As this is one of the most essential and critical component of your home, it is important to keep it in great condition and functional.
Your current bathroom may benefit from a thorough inspection. If it has any of the following issues, it may be the right time to remodel your bathroom. And we are here to help. ( Click Here )
- Mold (a furry growth of minute fungus occurring typically in moist warm conditions) can form from soap scum and grime build-up.
- This build-up provides a food source for mold and the running water from the tap provides a source of moisture.
- Mold may be small, but it can pose serious health risks. Toxic levels of mold vary but can affect breathing, irritate mucous membranes, suppress the immune system, and cause excessive coughing, sneezing, and headaches.
With the bathtub being a place for your sanity and sanitation.
What to look for: Brown mold, and sometimes darker black mold are commonly found on bath tile grout and in sealers in tiny spores grouped together. Hidden bathroom mold may be present in wall cavities around bath tub or shower controls that have leaked into the wall cavity.
- Like mold, mildew can also cause all sorts of breathing problems, rashes, allergies, migraines, and nervous system issues.
- Mildew usually grows in a flat pattern and appears either powdery or fluffy. It can be easily identified as a patch of white, gray, or yellowish fungus and commonly found in moist areas.
- Touching or inhaling mildew can cause a wide range of health problems in both allergic and non-allergic people.
- Dirt, grease, soap, or hair are all culprits leading to a backed up shower drain. This barricade makes for pipes to stay wet longer due to inadequate draining, giving time for mildew to cultivate.
What to look for: a thin whitish coating consisting of fungi. If found its time for a bathroom refresh or remodel.
- Uh oh! As if dealing with the cleanup of a surface-level leak isn’t bad enough, there are always the unknowns behind the unseen damage a leak potentially creates!
- As discussed above, mold and mildew are invited in moist environments where water sits for long periods of time. A leaking tub is definitely worth replacing because of this.
- Beyond that, a leaking tub is costing you more! It’s literally money down the drain as water is not just a consumable but also potentially damaging areas it is escaping to.
What to look for: Draw a full bath of water then plug the drain. Let it stand for a few hours to monitor if the water level decreases over time. If it does, you should think seriously about a bathtub replacement.
4. AESTHETICALLY And UNAPPEALING OR OUTDATED
- Nothing says ‘relax’ like a clean environment.
- Not only do stains make a bathtub less alluring, they also carry heaps of harmful and unhygienic bacteria and germs.
At RIVER CITY CONSTRUCTION INC, our bathroom are Tailored in functionality and appealing and in the design aspect we will build a bathroom to your needs.
What to look for: Soap scum or lime soap is the white solid that builds up. Yellow spots and hard water stains may also be present. Also, keep an eye out for rust pockets.
- Have you outgrown your bathtub? A babys coming ? Perhaps you bought an older model home with an outdated and under-sized tub?
- If your tub is too short or too narrow for your liking or just plainly shaped in a way that annoys you, opt for a new bathtub!
- A bathtub is meant for comfort and cleanliness.
If you’re interested in a bathroom remodel, now or in the future, consider requesting a free no-obligation consultation from us! Click here to fill out your information & hear back from us within 24 Hrs.